ISSN 1338-0141 (print) ・ ISSN 2644-4879 (online)
1. Studia Biblica Slovaca (StBiSl) is a peer-reviewed scholarly periodical for philological, historical, exegetical and theological research of the Sacred Scripture of both the Old and the New Testament. It publishes only original research articles in the Slovak, Czech and English languages.
Its main goal is to publish the results of the scholarly research of the Bible, which are a response to constant progress in biblical science. StBiSl publishes studies on specific biblical questions that go beyond the textbooks, monographs, or biblical commentaries.
2. Biblical studies published in StBiSl must meet the criteria of science, i.e. they should present the scholarly-scientific debate relative to the issue, they should bring new data related to the problem raised and most of all they shall present its innovative solution. Preference is given to contributions that address the issues of biblical exegesis, biblical theology and philology and biblical archeology. Biblical studies of interdisciplinary nature (e.g. biblical sciences and Judaism, biblical sciences and patristics, biblical sciences and liturgy, biblical sciences and morals, etc.) are also acceptable.
3. The journal publishes only contributions that have not been published elsewhere but not their versions in other languages, nor at the same time under another peer/review evaluation procedure.
4. The contributions of foreign authors may only be in Slovak, or Czech or English.
5. The contributions submitted to StBiSl should follow the formal requirements for the layout of the manuscript according to the Bibliographic and Citation Style of StBiSl (hereafter BSC).
Journal is abstracted and indexed in ATLA Religion Database; EBSCO; Old Testament Abstracts (ISSN 0364-8591); New Testament Abstracts (ISSN 0028-6877).
3. Contact Address (2019 – 2023)